- ABOUT ISEG
- NEWS & ARTICLE
- CONTACT SECRETARIAT
- GEOTECHNICAL HELP
ISEG GOLDEN JUBILEE
Indian Society of Engineering Geology (ISEG), founded in 1965, is a professional and a scientific forum comprising members from the fields of Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering and Civil Engineering, representing almost all the leading organisations engaged in civil development projects in India. It was inaugurated by Dr. K.L.Rao, the then Union Minister of Irrigation and Power on October 15, 1965 at Kolkata and its founder president was Dr. D.N.Wadia, the doyen of Indian geology. Since then the Society commenced its journey with the aim to promote the study of Engineering Geology and allied sciences and has successfully completed nearly five decades of glorious service to the nation. The ISEG, over the years, has effectively served as a formidable bridge between the geologists and engineers; has provided a vibrant platform for discussing and debating a host of geotechnical problems and state-of-the-art technologies; and projected the Nation’s achievements in the field of Geotechniques and allied expertise.
In its forty eight years of dedicated service to the nation, the ISEG has brought out many milestone technical publications such as “Indian Monuments Through the Ages” and “Geotechnical Features of Major Dams in India” and annually publishes its journal – “Journal of Engineering Geology”, incorporating a host of scientific papers on various themes. The Society launched its bi-annual newsletter – the ISEG News – in March 2004, hailed as another milestone in the Society’s illustrious journey. Apart from publications, the Society regularly organises national/international Symposia/Seminars/ Workshops in various parts of the country attracting experts, students, professionals from related fields of Engineering Geology from India and abroad. As part of the training programme, ISEG has also launched the Geotechnical Orientation Programme (GOP) for young professionals since 2009 and is planning to organise another event this year.
The ISEG, being the Indian National Group of the International Association of Engineering Geology and the Environment (IAEG) has also earned the rare distinction by hosting the prestigious 4th International Congress of IAEG at New Delhi in 1982 and 8th Asian Regional Conference of IAEG "International Conference on Underground Space Technology" at Bangalore 2011, which was attended by large number of delegates from across the world.
News and Upcoming Events
- Minutes of Meeting
- Certificate of Registration
- Postponement of Meeting
- Circular for IAEG
- ISEG-Minutes AGM.20.12.2013
- ISEG-CBIP National Workshop on Natural Disasters with Special Reference to Uttarakhand is to be held at CBIP, Malcha Marg, New Delhi on December 20th, 2013
- International Conference on Engineering Geology in New Millennium
- Minutes of ISEG 2nd Meeting of Executive Council 2013-14
- Abstracts Regarding ISEG National Workshop Hydrabad on June 14, 2013
- National Workshop on ‘Contemporary practices in Engineering Geology and Geohazards’ at Hyderabad on June 14, 2013
- Notice to the First General (Body) Meeting of the ISEG for the term 2013-14.
- Requirements for Advertisement.
- IAEG Symposium at Bejing, China Sep 2013.
- China Details
- List of all ISEG Published Papers